Ready to make your mark? Therma is in search of an HVAC Controls Jr Programmer who can leverage their unique talent and point of view to redefine what’s possible through the power of teamwork and collaboration.
BMS/EMS Controls Jr Programmer must have knowledge and experience specifying, designing, programming, configuring, commissioning, and troubleshooting Building Management Systems which range from chiller sequences to full building control systems.
Our Culture – Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions.
Paying it Forward –We contribute thousands of hours of volunteer service in our communities each year, and our company acts as a conduit to help people get connected to the services opportunities that mean the most to them.
Teaching and Learning – We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Mixing Business with Pleasure – We care passionately about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of excitement and discovery in everyone around us.
Our Benefits – We offer a competitive benefits package, including 401k, Life Insurance, Medical, Vision, and Dental
About the Role
- Create and refine reusable, field-tested standards/review and revise systems for submission to the standards library/coordinate with estimators and management to maintain the standard library’s integrity
- Conduct site inspection for preparation of design and submittal drawings for control system installation.
- Design building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers, laboratories, or hospitals
- Provide a sequence of operations, device schedules, and as-built panel layouts.
- Coordinate submittals for the assigned controls projects
- Coordinate with Project Managers
- Spec control system components
- Program Distech controllers
- Design and Build graphics for HMI, front ends, dashboards, and digital signage.
- Use Distech GFX to write job-specific programs
- Coordinate with Controls Technicians to support third party commissioning as needed.
- Visit work site, as needed, must be familiar with job site conditions.
- Troubleshooting BMS problems
- The BMS EMS Controls Engineer will coordinate their activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion
- Coordinate with in-house installation teams
- Assist with Hardware/Software calibration as required
- Provide onsite customer training
- Attend job site meetings as necessary
- Provide and maintain project documentation for the development of “As-Built” drawings
- Provides technical support to clients
- Ensure material and equipment is installed on a customer’s site per drawings
- Perform point-to-point checkouts to ensure connectivity between field devices and controllers
Ensure that the software operates, and make necessary software changes to ensure mechanical systems operate as designed
- Select-control products, components, applications, and systems
Collaborate with the Project Manager, Engineers, and support staff
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of project activities
- Ability to work with the customer to find mutually satisfactory solutions to difficult issues
- Ability to work with all levels of management and non-management personnel
- Basic knowledge of office administration, project management, reporting, budgeting, budget control, business operations, blueprints, buildings, equipment, housekeeping, construction, purchasing, inventory control, and safety management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management, is preferred, or a minimum of four years of relevant experience, with at least two years as an automation technician.
- Working knowledge of at least one HVAC controls system (preferably Distech Controls with Niagara experience)
- Good working knowledge of the systems commonly monitored and controlled by a building DDC/EMS. Systems may include Tridium/Niagara4/Niagara Ax, Distech Lonworks Controllers, Distech BACNet Controllers, and others.
- Ability to interface with customers and contractors at a supervisory and management level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people
- Strong experience with Windows and MS Office – Linux is a plus
- Develop projects for energy management and retrofits
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
Therma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or sex.
Health and Welfare Benefits:
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org