The HVAC Controls Project Engineer will be responsible for both administrative and management functions of capital projects. This position will report to the Project Manager, and work within the HVAC Controls department. Ideal candidates will have effective communication skills, experience working in the HVAC industry, a strong administrative background, and have some Engineering knowledge.
- Our Culture – Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma in the “#1 Best Place to Work” list on multiple occasions.
- Paying it Forward –We contribute thousands of hours of volunteer service in our communities each year, and our company acts as a conduit to help people get connected to the services opportunities that mean the most to them.
- Teaching and Learning – We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
- Mixing Business with Pleasure – We care passionately about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of excitement and discovery in everyone around us.
Our Benefits – We offer a competitive benefits package, including 401k, Life Insurance, Medical, Vision, and Dental
About the Role
- Safety Planning & Enforcement for projects.
- Pre-Construction administrative duties
- RFI Management
- Submittal Management
- COR/CO Management
- Schedule Updates & Control
- Meeting preparation and participation for all relevant project meetings.
- Project Reporting Management
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the project management team.
Assist with the development of project documentation.
- Assist with project estimating by reviewing Specifications, Instructions to Bidders and Construction Drawings.
- Identify and assist in generating pre-bid Requests for Information.
- Coordinate bid requirements with Mechanical Project Managers and bid requestors.
- Review drawings for compliance with company standards and compliance with design documents.
- Track project issues and communicate with the project manager.
- Prepare project closeout documents and internal work documents.
- Oversee all material purchasing and inventory functions.
- Order and track material.
- Assist in the selection of materials for purchase.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
Negotiate prices with vendors and suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and ensure approval from Project Managers.
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording the location of inventory.
- Direct warehouse hand to assist with material handling.
- Receives return material and supplies from the field by verifying the condition of materials and supplies are acceptable for re-stock; placing materials in stock.
- Perform additional assignments as required.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand and navigate through construction drawings
- S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or another related field preferred.
- Experience with Bluebeam and Revit is required.
- Negotiating skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry a must.
Therma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or sex.
Health and Welfare Benefits:
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org